(Our Late Missile Man Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam. We cannot believe he is gone. We are all still in deep shock as we never saw him as an old guy who is sure to go away one day.He did not let us feel that way.He was full of energy, ideas, vision, and passion to empower the youth of this country towards development. This article is my tribute to him, as he inspires us to go ahead with our goals.)
A couple of days ago I read on a website that it was Lisa Kudrow's 53rd birthday.I was delighted to remember the funny Pheobe from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Who wouldn't be?
We all belong to the generation who grew up watching friends for at least five years.
Hilarious, sweet, caring, hallucinationg and unapolegetic Pheobe was the role she will forever be known for.
What really surprised me is that she actually turned 52? That means she started to play a 20 something Pheobe at the age of 32 and went on till she was 42? I swear I did not know of her age till then. Full of energy, charm, definitely her best!
Also read about Milind Soman's latest achievement at 50? Only a few can achieve that great feat.
Milind Soman is the new Iron Man!
Milind Soman is the new Iron Man!
This is so inspiring.I read everyday about so many people killing themselves in their 30s. Now this is India's biggest problem. Our youth is depressed and not motivated enough to pursue their passions beyond an age.
I know people who said they are "old and tired " at 27, and they don't have much to do in life as they are parents now. They have centered their entire life around responsibilities, nothing beyond that.
Mark Zuckerberg has famously said 30 is an age which is old and boring. I am sure he changed his mind now at 30.
- Age never decides who you are. A fresh mind is all we need.
- A 9 hour a day job need not determine our happiness.
- Learning is forever.It brings so much joy however silly it is.(Just learnt to insert pics into blogs:-))
- Laugh loud in public when you feel like. No one's going to shoot you.
- Wear that shirt or top, supposedly worn by teenagers only.You will not be jailed for that.
- Any lost ambition of your teens, a realistic one? Start now..you will feel proud.
- Splurge on clothes occasionally. Man or woman, it feels great to wear good clothes.
- Exercise thrice a week.
- It is so OK to play silly games with a kid.
- Travel to a nearby town. Unexplored and inexpensive. Very refreshing.
- Instead of a mall, go to a beach or a lake, a fort or mountain. Fresh air is better than air conditioning.
- Sea is so vast, it will make us realize how small our worries are. Go to a beach.
- It is true that being a parent means three years of a very busy life, but after that it's time to relax with our kids.
- A day care Incharge has told me once "Stop feeling guilty about the kid.He is going to be proud of you if you accomplish nothing or a lot.You choose what you want."
- Being single at any age is perfectly fine.Get all the rest you can, work harder, and splurge on yourself.
- Get a bubblegun and fill your room with bubbles.It is silly.
- Do you know what songs made it to the Top 20? Listen to them
- Watch Scandinavian movies, it is so good to learn about a different culture altogether.
- Do I need to say how relaxing a room filled scented candles is? Bliss.
- Never keep your dreams on hold.Work towards them.
- Most importantly, UNlearn certain unimportant stuff. Make place in your mind for fresh feelings than pent up negativity and unhappiness of the past.